Project Name: RE-Connect with Nature protecting the Environment For Inner Health, RECNEFIH
Where: Pissouri, Limassol, Cyprus
Duration: 15 - 26 of June 2022 (including 2 travelling days)
Activity: Training at Cyprus of 36 youth workers (4 youth workers from each organization) in Environment and Forest Theater with Non Formal Educational Activities.
Accomodation: Hylatio Tourist Village, Pissouri, Limassol, Cyprus. www.hylatio.com
4 youth workers from our organization will take place to the program. Travelling food and accommodation all are payed from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member).
"Re-Connect with Nature" is a set of creative exercises and mindfulness-based games to reconnect with nature and with yourself. In fact, it is a wonderful way to bring people from different backgrounds and ages together and make new friends.
With the increasing influence of technology in our lives, fewer time is being spent outdoors. The screens keep us hooked by creating easy rewards for the brain and are slowly influencing our behaviour and lifestyle. These brain rewards create unhealthy habits which are extremely hard to break. It is no wonder that obesity, anxiety, loneliness and many other lifestyle issues are on the rise. We desperately need a substitute for all the junk entertainment that is being fed into our brains.
Is there a simple way to unblock our minds and imagination so that we can move away from our old habits and create new ways of being? Perhaps with forest theatre you can choose a few moments to break free and learn to fly.
Forest theatre is a pathway to explore our inner selves by taking inspiration from nature. It is about learning with nature, in nature. And we all know, the best learning happens when it is fun.
Benefits of the project
The main benefits of nature play, besides having great fun and creating memorable moments is the positive effect on our observation and imagination. It builds our attention, and curiosity and will lead to higher self-confidence, self-awareness and self-control. Also, it helps us to:
• Improve Heart & Lung Health
• Improve mood & energy level.
• Enhance emotional intelligence.
• Relieve anxiety & worry.
• Reduce Stress & Avoid Burn Out
• Get Better Sleep
• Find Calm, Creativity, Clarity
• Exchange Cooperation
• Gain Environmental awareness
• Help the participants to create their own activities & work with teams.
Aims of the project.
• To teach participant how to have inner health and how to apply it in youth work, by building the necessary set of competences of NFE Methods/Tools –
• To train Youth workers how to implement high-quality workshop about Environment and Health which will increase youth employability by giving them necessary skills and competence and which will increase their active citizenship, including Youngsters with fewer opportunities;
• To implement the use of modern technologies (apps and digital tools) in the training and motivate Youth Workers to do the same;
• To gain and also to learn ways of gaining Environmental Awareness
• To learn more theater activities in our local nature.
Relevance of the project for Erasmus + :
• -Improving the key competencies and skills of young people;
• -Including PAXs with fewer opportunities;
• -Promote participation and active citizenship in European labor market;
• -Increasing learning mobility opportunities for young people active in youth work;
• -Enhanced cooperation
Application Form: https://forms.gle/hxTYThmLVh26RvaU8
If you want to be a candidate of our program please complete the application for and don't forget to complete the membership form if you are not a member of our organisation. Link for completing the application of membership: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member