Project Name: Self-Improvement and Coaching as a life skill (SICALS)
Duration: 22/10/2021 – 31/10/2021
Activity: Training at Cyprus of 27 youth workers (3 youth workers from each organization) in Self-Improvement and Coaching with Non-Formal Educational Activities.
Accommodation: Pissouriana Apartments, Pissouri, Limassol, Cyprus.
Implementation of the project and much more informations can be found in the webpage of the project at the link: https://erasmusplus-sicals.webnode.com/
3 youth workers from our organization will take place in the program. Food and accommodation are all fully paid from the program. To take place to the project, you must be a member of our organization and if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member
Main Idea of the Project
Any leader, any youth worker, anyone that you are going to ask will tell you that if you want to have a successful line in your life and in your work, you need to surround yourself with the right people. You need people that don’t come to work just to collect a paycheck, but believe in the mission of the activity or in the mission that you are going to build together and strive to make a difference. Having the right people around you can turn your startup into a thriving action, life, or anything that you are going to implement. In addition, it is also important to build people up and develop them through one-on-one coaching. Providing coaching skills for leaders will help them successfully guide and develop their teams’ skills. We’ve compiled a list of eight essential coaching skills that help leaders take coaching to the next level and we are going to get them through these essential coaching skills for self-improvement of their selves so to be able to have a successful career and a successful life according to their needs.
Aims of the project
-To teach participant what is coaching and how to apply it in youth work, by building the necessary set of competences of NFE and Coaching Methods/Tools –
To strengthen the learning process by implementing the full Coaching Cycle in the debriefings: Set Goals, Identify New Possibilities, Make Decisions, Take Actions and Reflect; -
To train youth workers how to implement high-quality workshop about coaching which will increase youth employability by giving them necessary skills and competence and which will increase their active citizenship, including Youngsters with fewer opportunities;
- To implement the use of modern technologies (apps and digital tools) in the training and motivate Youth Workers to do the same;
Objectives of the Program
1. Define their goals and Needs: We have to Clearly identify a problem or need with all the teams that will be created in the seminar according to their needs. Clarifying all the members of their needs are coming up to the common needs and expectations will allow them to create a positive environment for growth. This also creates a transparent line of communication, allowing all of them to openly express concerns, questions and other topics surrounding their responsibilities. Communicating clear expectations and needs produce more accurate results.
2. Establish Impact/Initiate a plan: We are going to show through the designed activities to the participants their direct actions are affecting/impacting their goals, the success of those around them, or the overall success of their plan. Also, we are going to make sure that they understand their part in the strategic vision of their team and the importance of contributing their “puzzle piece” to the big picture.
3. Building Habits: They have to understand that getting a commitment is necessary for achieving their goals in a teamwork plan, so getting a commitment from the participants that they are going to implement their idea at least to seminars purposes will give them the ability to understand what that means and trying as a skill to getting a commitment first by themselves and after by their group by their team so to achieve their personal or team working goals. The participants will feel an increased sense of accountability and attention to detail as they complete the project.
4. Being Supportive: we are going to be supportive of the participants of the training in all activities so to understand that when you’re supportive of them you can develop a relationship of trust. Trust is vital for growth and development for both the mentor and the mentee and lays the foundation for mutual respect between both parties. Genuine encouragement helps members of the team to recognize that their investment in their success is real.
5. Identifying emotions of self and of others, reading people and body language: The first step to coaching and self-improvement is being able to identify what each participant feels. Having the ability to describe their emotions and understand body language is crucial since this goal will be the basis for the subsequent goals: interpersonal effectiveness and confronting excuses. Put more clearly, the participants first need to know how they feel about a situation so that they can either confront other people, take action, change the situation and if the situation can’t be changed, change their attitude towards it. This is extremely important if we consider that in communication 30% of the message is transferred through the voice of the communicator (volume, pitch, speed, tension), 40% from facial expressions, 20% movements and body language and only 10% -from the words actually said.
6. Interpersonal Effectiveness: The participants will learn how to be effective with other people. This activity will build on the be supportive activity. We will go through how to be effective in asserting your rights and wishes while acting in a way that keeps positive relationships making sure that the participants and the person they have in front of them feel good about themselves. They will be taught how to achieve all these while maintaining self-respect and mending relationships wherever needed and also troubleshoot problems when their methods are not working.
7. Confront Excuses/ Resistance: Even if there is goodwill for self-improvement our thoughts can get the best of us. We are going to deal with excuses and resistance to the goals/needs the participants have set up front and help the participants to the training to make necessary preparations for challenging or unpleasant parts/thoughts of their plan. By doing that we are going to learn them how to eliminate potential roadblocks down the road.
Preliminary program of the training
How to Apply:
1) Those who are not members of our Association, can register to be informed and have the right to participate in the activities of the Association at the link: Registration
2) Those who are already members of the Association can proceed to the next step (3).
3) Project Form
Βήματα για δήλωση συμμετοχής:
1) Όσοι δεν είναι μέλη του Σωματείου μπορούν να κάνουν εγγραφή σαν μέλη του Σωματείου μας για να ενημερώνονται και να έχουν το δικαίωμα να λαμβάνουν μέρος στις δράσεις του Σωματείου στο λινκ: Εγγραφή
2) Όσοι είναι ήδη μέλη του Σωματείου μπορούν να προχωρήσουν στο επόμενο βήμα (3).