Updated: Jun 1
Project Name: “cREating a Safe sPacE for inClusiviTy, sexual and ReprodUctive non-forMal education for youth workers: reSPECTRUM”
Duration: From 1st of February 2023 till 31st of October 2023 (8 months)
Activity: Training of 36 youth workers (9 organisations, 4 youth workers from each organization, 4 stakeholders) about developing non-formal education tools for inclusive sexual and reproductive health for youth workers
Activity dates: 19 to 26 of June 2023 (including travel dates)
Accomodation: Hylatio Tourist Village, Pissouri, Limassol, Cyprus. www.hylatio.com.cy
Applicant Organisation: Active Cypriot Programs and European Learning Into Acceptance, ACPELIA
Travelling food and accommodation all are paid from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member
4 youthworkers/teachers/trainers will be selected from our organisation.
The aim of the project is to create new tools for non-formal education about inclusive sexual and reproductive health for youth workers in order to build a safe space for youngsters in local and international communitites to learn in about this topic.
The Project specific objectives are:
● Acquire a greater understanding of the various forms of bullying and deeper knowledge about impacts,risk factors and long term effects on victims and bullies.
● Create a work methodology based on exchanging best practices on preventing and handling bullying DM found at European level and applicable in educational centers.
● To promote the socio-educational role of the educator.
● To improve the quality of youth centers as a safe and supportive institution.
● To promote emotional education and soft skills as a way to compact bullying.
● Acquire a greater understanding of the various forms of sexuality
TEAM: The team involved in this training course consists of people with extensive experience who have been involved in youth programmes for many years. They are all very experienced and can't wait to meet you and work with you to unlock your potential and become a better version of yourself as a youth worker and as a person
THE NATIONAL TEAMS WILL PRESENT THEIR SENDING ORGANISATIONS AND THEIR COUNTRIES DURING THE INTERCULTURAL EVENINGS. FOR THIS PURPOSE, THE PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING ALONG PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS OF THEIR ORGANISATIONS, PREPARE PRESENTATIONS OF THEIR WORK AND ALSO PREPARE CULTURAL PRESENTATIONS OF THEIR COUNTRIES.
WE DO NOT WISH TO STEER YOU IN ONE DIRECTION AND WITH THAT LIMIT YOUR CREATIVITY, SO FEEL FREE TO PRESENT YOUR COUNTRY IN A WAY YOU SEE FIT TO BEST SHOW US ITS CULTURAL RICHNESS.
The idea is to enrich the knowledge of youth workers about methodology for sexual and reproductive education, as well as to develop tools that help to create a safe space and an inclusive environment, which is essential for sexual education.
The situation with sexual education in participating countries is quite challenging, since none of them has sexual education methodology incorporated in the school subjects, as well there exists a social stigma around the topic of sexual relationships. At the end of the project, thanks to the collaboration of the participants, there will be developed an action plan for an event, a digital booklet with the methodology and a social media material about sexual education.
Relevance of the project for Erasmus + :
· Improving the key competencies and skills of educators dealing with young people
· Promote participation and active citizenship in European level;
· To eliminate discrimination
· The right to be protected from all forms of physical or mental violence
· Increasing learning mobility opportunities for educators dealing with young people
· Enhanced cooperation
· Raising emotional awareness and empathy skills
Benefits of the project:
· To develop knowledge and understanding about the consent and communication, safe space, identity, as well as specific terminology around these topics
· To raise the awareness about the different types of violence and the possible solutions
· To develop skills to confront the problem
· To create empathy with youngsters of different social groups, gender identities and sexualities
· To develop skills to think creatively
· To develop values of tolerance and responsibility
· To reinforce confidence and psychological resilience among educators in preventing and handling any kind of violence
Aplication for Interest of Participation: https://forms.gle/5Lh8HbpnShpMHYHR6
If you want to be a candidate of our program please complete the application form and don't forget to complete the membership form if you are not a member of our organisation. Link for completing the application of membership: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member