Updated: May 15
Project Name: Environmental education through non formal learning
Activity: Through non-formal learning and youth activism supported by NGOs, young people can raise public awareness but also promote green habits for a better quality of life and a healthier environment.
Project Dates: 25.05.2022 - 03.06.2022 Faro, Portugal (including travelling dates)
You can stay up to 1 day before and after the project dates. Your transportation costs will be reimbursed. However, you will have to cover your own the other expenses for the extra day!
Accommodation: HI Faro – Pousada de Juventude: Address: Rua da PSP, Edifício do IPDJ, 8000-408 Faro, Portugal Phone: +351 289 878 090 More information for the place at the link: http://hi-hostel-faro-pousada-de-juventude.faro.hotelsalgarve.org/en/. WI-FI is available in the whole building.
Food: The organizer provides accommodation and food for the entire training course: 3 meals + 2 coffee breaks between sessions per day.
5 participants (ages from 18 to 30) and one leader (no age limit) from our organization will take place to the program. Travelling food and accommodation all are paid from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member).
What is the project about?
In addition to the COVID 19 pandemic, EU citizens face a new challenge, which is environmental pollution and reduced quality of life. The latest scientific research shows that the EU is suffocating in waste, the quality of life is reduced to a low level and EU citizens have major negative impacts on health and lifestyle. Young people who suffocate in smoke and waste are not spared from these negative influences. Young people are a driving force in the world, they can initiate and create new social positive changes. Through non-formal learning and youth activism supported by NGOs, young people can raise public awareness but also promote green habits for a better quality of life and a healthier environment.
According to the results of research by STUDY Requested by the ENVI committee (2020), meanwhile, the global burden of disease from the pollution (the most air pollution) is very large. In Europe alone, fine particulate matter is estimated to account for some 400,000 premature deaths every year. The worldwide number is well over 4,000,000. These effects are more likely to occur in disadvantaged populations with higher exposures and/or increased susceptibility to air pollution effects on health and/or higher baseline rates of cardiovascular and respiratory disease. During the 8 days of non-formal learning activities, young people will gain new knowledge and skills in the process of environmental protection and will promote ideas for promotion of a clean and green Europe.
These are the Needs and issues of the project:
- Need to stimulate the participants' attitudes towards the environment and to bring the participants closer to the negative impacts on the environment
- Need for greater environmental awareness among youth, improving personal habits and behaviour towards the environment in which they live
- Need to get closer to green habits, promotion of green solutions for environmental protection, research and promotion of new habits for resource sustainability
- Need for organizational networking and exchange of environmental practices, promotion of national practices and ideas for greater environmental awareness
- Improving the competencies of the participants in the field of environment, improving their habits towards the environment in which they live
- Promotion of non-formal learning as a tool for greater environmental awareness and promotion of young people as environmental promoters
- Bringing participants closer to their bad habits that negatively affect the environment and quality of life
- Introducing the participants with green habits, directing them in the future to act as promoters of activities for environmental protection
- Promotion of 7 national videos for raising environmental awareness and greater responsibility towards the environment
Aplication for Interest of Participation: https://forms.gle/dQQQPf1Gvfxah3tKA
If you want to be a candidate of our program please complete the application form and don't forget to complete the membership form if you are not a member of our organisation. Link for completing the application of membership: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member