Training Course KA105: “ENTRERURALITES”
Updated: Jan 8, 2022
Training Course KA105: “ENTRERURALITES”
When: 1 to 10 of July 2021, (including travelling days)
Where: CLERMOND FERRAND, FRANC
Hosting place: Residhome apart Hotel, https://www.residhome.com/uk/hotel-residence-aparthotel-clermontferrand-208.html
Who: Non Formal Education Teachers, youth workers, members of NGO ACPELIA
Report from Participants
Training Course: “Entre Ruralites”, France 2021
Organized by Resopa NGO and hosted at the beautiful rural city of Clermont-Ferrand at central France, the training course for youth workers took place between the 02th and 09th of July 2021 and I had the honor to represent my organization ACPELIA and my country.
During the training course’s we learned through non-formal education, discussed & shared practices on the topic of rural development through European youth. After exchanging good practices we worked extensively on issues of rural development, youth unemployment & community development.
Furthermore, through creative workshops and local visits to innovative entrepreneurial ventures, we emphasized on how youth workers can help resolve unemployment issues among youth in European rural areas as well as contribute positively to community building and development of rural and isolated areas. At the end of this Training Course, a toolkit that contain tools and methods that will help youth workers engage and empower youth in rural areas was created.
In addition, during the training, intercultural nights were held where all participants were encouraged to share their food, culture and traditions and we had the chance to promote Cyprus. Personally, I was given the opportunity to interact with people from different cultures and countries, respect our differences and discover our similarities. Moreover, as a participant I was able to expand my knowledge on Rural Development and other European realities through non formal education and creative methods and workshops.
In the light of the above, I would say that Erasmus+ offers infinite opportunities and if you are starving for knowledge and adventure, without any hesitation, I would recommend you to grab this opportunity since it is a once in a life time experience!
3 youth workers from our organization will take place to the program. Travelling food and accommodation all are payed from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member).
Project Aim: Our project is to organize a Training Course in France that will involve 30 youth workers and young people from 10 EU countries in order to learn, discuss & share practices on the topic of rural development through European youth. This project will be an opportunity for the youth workers to work extensively on issues of rural development, youth unemployment & community development. It seeks to get the participants' contribution on how youth workers can help resolve unemployment issues among youth in European rural areas, reduce surging brain drain percentages in rural areas as well as contribute positively to community building and development of rural & isolated areas. Through workshops & local visits in France to rural areas and innovative entrepreneurial ventures led by young people or youth workers, we believe that a TC that unites a consortium of EU Youth Workers working on rurality issues with young people will permit a well-constructed & productive project where sessions to develop tools will be enriched by various experiences and ideas on how to train young people from rural areas to contribute to the development of their community through various ventures.
The main objectives of this project are to:
1. Equip 30 youth workers with adequate nonformal education methods & tools that will make them catalysts of change in the development of EU rural areas
2. Reduce youth unemployment in European rural areas through youth participation & rural entrepreneurship
3. Empower participating youth to participate in community building through different actions & campaigns.
4. Create a toolkit and a video that will contain tools and methods that will help youth workers engage & empower European youth to develop their rural areas through entrepreneurial ventures and various engaging activities based on the ERASMUS+
Programme guidelines, our TC will help:
· improve competencies, linked to youth workers professional profiles (equip the youth workers with new working tools & share practices that will help their work)
· permit a broader understanding of practices, policies and systems in education, training or youth work across countries; (understanding the sociopolitical realities of rurality in EU, the question of rural brain drains, depopulation and the role of youth workers)
· increase youth workers' ability to address the needs of the disadvantaged (NEETS, youth from rural areas, etc.)
If you want to be a candidate of our program, please complete the application for and don't forget to complete the membership form if you are not a member of our organisation. Link for completing the application of interest: https://forms.gle/UGARHWEiJycJC6GJ9