Project Name: Digital Enterprise Through Empathy (DIGETEM)
Duration of the program: 01/02/2023 – 30/11/2023, duration 10 months
Duration of the activity: 13 to 20 of July 2023 including travelling days
Activity: Training at Portugal of 32 youth workers (4 youth workers from each organization) about how to empower educators
Accomodation: Paredes, Porto, Portugal
Food: The venue of the training will serve the participants with 3- times-a-day meals and snacks and beverages for the coffee breaks.
Travelling food and accommodation all are paid from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member
Up to 4 Youthworkers /Teachers /Trainers will be selected from our organisation.
For the participants’ selection the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
• PARTICIPANTS REPRESENTS THE COUNTRY FROM WHERE SHE/HE COMES FROM;
• Youth Workers, Leaders, teachers, Educators people that are working with youth
• Motivated, active member of society;
• Willing to participate actively and share knowledge,
• Experience and positive energy;
• Experienced or interested in working with Erasmus+ program
Main Idea of the Project
Description of the Project
Digital Enterprise Through Empathy (DIGETEM)
"Digital Empathy" consists of seminars and workshops designed to teach participants that digital transformation can only be achieved through humanitarian values. Due to digital enterprise being mostly customer centering, youth workers need to cultivate their empathic abilities in order to be able to assess the needs of their potential customers, students, or surroundings. In a sense, empathy might be the groundwork for digital transformation to follow. For this reason, we include the component of empathy in all of our activities, trying to reinforce young adults to be more innovative, empathetic, and critical when working with digital tools. To achieve this, participants will engage in exercises and activities that focus on digital enterprise and empathy, all of which will help them associate how empathy is directly related with their digital development. Additionally, participants will learn through exercises like the empathy map to put their shoes in the position of their potential customers. Digital enterprise and cultivated digital competences are skills. However, the way you teach young people how to develop and implement those skills should be entangled with humanitarian values. This is our goal. To give participants ideas, digital tools, through a humanitarian implementation. Participants will gain an understanding of the importance of digital enterprise, activating at the same time their humanitarian values. Empathy, curiosity, innovation, non-formal education. During this training, participants will discover through innovative ideas, competitions, exhibitions, and fun-based activities that digital transformation starts with digital enterprise. Such digital enterprise can only get you forward through empathetic abilities which abilities are developed through real-time experiences. We provide these experiences!!
TEAM: The team involved in this training course consists of people with extensive experience who have been involved in youth programmes for many years. They are all very experienced and can't wait to meet you and work with you to unlock your potential and become a better version of yourself as a youth worker and as a person
THE NATIONAL TEAMS WILL PRESENT THEIR SENDING ORGANISATIONS AND THEIR COUNTRIES DURING THE INTERCULTURAL EVENINGS. FOR THIS PURPOSE, THE PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING ALONG PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS OF THEIR ORGANISATIONS, PREPARE PRESENTATIONS OF THEIR WORK AND ALSO PREPARE CULTURAL PRESENTATIONS OF THEIR COUNTRIES.
WE DO NOT WISH TO STEER YOU IN ONE DIRECTION AND WITH THAT LIMIT YOUR CREATIVITY, SO FEEL FREE TO PRESENT YOUR COUNTRY IN A WAY YOU SEE FIT TO BEST SHOW US ITS CULTURAL RICHNESS.
Benefits of the project
There are many benefits within our project. Besides getting acquainted with our topic, the participants will gain valuable soft skills as well as education through non-formal means.
● Non-silencing (cultivation of self-confidence to express personal opinions)
● Introduction to that empathy is directly linked with digital enterprise
● Generation of new ideas about potential digital apps and websites: critical thinking & innovation
● Digital competences
● User-centricity (cultivating customer service in digital enterprise through empathy)
● Strategic thinking
● The opportunity for the participants to understand that nature is inherently diverse and inclusive (re-connect with nature)
● Literary competences
● An understanding of the key people around the topic we are occupied with.
● Understanding the risks and advantages of social media platforms.
Aims of the project.
● To foster empathy
● To eliminate discrimination
● To provide practical tools and to broaden participants' digital skills and knowledge in order to improve volunteer management, online activism, and online communication.
● To strengthen the potential of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to better meet the contemporary needs of young people through the integration of technology and digital tools into youth work.
● To gain emotional awareness of discrimination
● To develop mathematical competences through innovation
● To develop literacy competences
● To develop responsibility
Relevance of the project for Erasmus + :
● Improving all of Erasmus Plus key competencies and skills for young people;
● Including PAXs with fewer opportunities;
● Promoting participation and active citizenship in European labor market;
● Increasing learning mobility opportunities for young people active in youth work;
● Enhanced cooperation
● Raising emotional awareness and empathy
● Connecting digital enterprise with humanitarian values
Application for Interest of Participation: https://forms.gle/8dwQVq5FncNVFoeX6
If you want to be a candidate of our program please complete the application form and don't forget to complete the membership form if you are not a member of our organisation. Link for completing the application of membership: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member