“CREACTION", PDA in Cyprus/21.10-30.10 2023
Project Name: CREating with ACt and arTs a safe envIronment in Our ceNters CREACTION
Duration: From 1st of March 2023 till 29th of February 2024 (12 months)
Activity: Training of 36 youth workers (9 organisations, 4 youth workers from each organization, 4 stakeholders) about how to empower educators to become anti-bullying ambassadors in order to prevent and handle cases of bullying in youth centers.
Activity dates: 21 to 30 of October 2023 (including Travelling dates)
Accomodation: Hylatio Tourist Village, Pissouri, Limassol, Cyprus. www.hylatio.com.cy
Applicant Organisation: Active Cypriot Programs and European Learning Into Acceptance, ACPELIA
Travelling food and accommodation all are paid from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member
4 youthworkers/teachers/trainers will be selected from our organisation.
Main Idea of the Project:
The aim of the project is to empower educators to become anti-bullying ambassadors to create sustainable strategies for preventing and handling cases of bullying at youth centers (organisations, schools etc.).
The Project specific objectives are:
● Acquire a greater understanding of the various forms of bullying and deeper knowledge about impacts, risk factors and long term effects on victims and bullies.
● Create a work methodology based on exchanging best practices on preventing and handling bullying DM found at European level and applicable in educational centers.
● To promote the socio-educational role of the educator.
● To improve the quality of youth centers as a safe and supportive institution.
● To promote emotional education and soft skills as a way to compact bullying.
● Form an action plan to improve the capacity and the abilities of the educational staff dealing with bullying cases.
● To create anti-bullying ambassadors representatives in educational centers.
● To develop and disseminate anti-bullying info materials among educational centers DM
TEAM: The team involved in this training course consists of people with extensive experience who have been involved in youth programmes for many years. They are all very experienced and can't wait to meet you and work with you to unlock your potential and become a better version of yourself as a youth worker and as a person
THE NATIONAL TEAMS WILL PRESENT THEIR SENDING ORGANISATIONS AND THEIR COUNTRIES DURING THE INTERCULTURAL EVENINGS. FOR THIS PURPOSE, THE PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING ALONG PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS OF THEIR ORGANISATIONS, PREPARE PRESENTATIONS OF THEIR WORK AND ALSO PREPARE CULTURAL PRESENTATIONS OF THEIR COUNTRIES.
WE DO NOT WISH TO STEER YOU IN ONE DIRECTION AND WITH THAT LIMIT YOUR CREATIVITY, SO FEEL FREE TO PRESENT YOUR COUNTRY IN A WAY YOU SEE FIT TO BEST SHOW US ITS CULTURAL RICHNESS.
The idea is to enable educators that are working with young people to find possible solutions and strategies against bullying while the cooperation among these educational centers in so different countries, will enrich our views on this problem. The situation in these countries have consistent differences but the main core bullying and discrimination has the same roots at the core. One of the goals of the project is to create Ambassadors’ representatives that will be in charge to prevent and handle cases of bullying but also to educate other educators as well. At the end of the project, through the work of participants it will form an action plan that will be useful for all the educators that are dealing with young people.
Relevance of the project for Erasmus + :
● Improving the key competencies and skills of educators dealing with young people
● Promote participation and active citizenship in European level;
● To eliminate discrimination
● The right to be protected from all forms of physical or mental violence
● Increasing learning mobility opportunities for educators dealing with young people
● Enhanced cooperation
● Raising emotional awareness and empathy skills
Benefits of the project:
● To develop knowledge and understanding about the causes and consequences of bullying
● To develop skills to confront the problem
● To create empathy with victims of bullying
● To develop skills to think creatively
● To develop values of tolerance and responsibility
● To reinforce confidence and psychological resilience among educators in preventing and handling bullying DM
● To develop a holistic educator approach to supporting the reintegration of bullies and victims of bullying DM
Aplication for Interest of Participation: https://forms.gle/bbUyEtoTQW5G2gfn8
If you want to be a candidate of our program please complete the application form and don't forget to complete the membership form if you are not a member of our organisation. Link for completing the application of membership: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member