Updated: Mar 25
Project Name: Youth Exchange “Participatory Photography for Youth”
Activity: Youth Exchange in Austria for 4 participants and one leader from our organisation.During this Youth Exchange young people will be able to get better knowledge about Participatory Photography. They will have a chance to exchange their experience while learning also how to avoid risk situation for their career.
Youth Exchange: April 2022
Place: rural area in Austria
Target Groups: Young people aged 16-27, people with educational/ economic difficulties
Participating countries: Austria, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Ukraine, Cyprus, Turkey, Italy, Jordan The number of participants: Each partner will be represented by 4 participants. Age limit: 16-30 for participants (main target - 16-27). Target group: Participants with fewer opportunities.
We will gather in Austria for 7 working days of exchange, peer-learning and exploring through the participants’ lenses. “Participatory Photography for Youth” offers an opportunity to young people to enlarge their knowledge in the sphere of photo shooting and use it as a tool for boosting awareness about topics that matter. Together we will be engaged in exploring fields such as practical photo shooting activities and photo editing, digital storytelling, different tools for making attractive visual content via pictures, advertisement through social media, and practice these skills while exploring the 11 Youth goals and how these connect and impact the daily lives of young people in various contexts. The proposed project was designed by young people for young people with the mission to create opportunities in non-formal learning and thus support personal and professional growth, stimulate a sense of active citizenship and help uncover the potential of individuals and the community.
4 youngsters (ages 16 - 27) +1 leader (no age limit) from our organization will take place to the program. Travelling food and accommodation all are payed from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member
The main objectives of the project are:
● Provide a safe space for values-based, intercultural and social learning, exploring and exchanging perspectives, skills and practical ideas and explore creative methodologies to foster active citizenship.
● Raise the awareness of young people around Europe and the 11 Youth Goals, participation, sustainability, local environment and global interconnectedness through the medium of photography
● Encourage young people to act as responsible, active citizens and strive for positive changes in their communities and environments
● Upskill participants’ digital competencies through examination of modern digital tools and platforms;
● Connect young people both from EU, Euromed and Eastern Partnership countries for creating visual content.
● Empower young people to collaborate and cocreate approaches and solutions to personal, economic, environmental and social issues.
● Promote mutual understanding, intercultural discourse, social engagement, and unity between young people in program and partner countries and moreover, from urban as well as from rural areas.
Aplication for Interest of Participation: https://forms.gle/aNu6ymvkqsu8pN3c8
If you want to be a candidate of our program please complete the application form and don't forget to complete the membership form if you are not a member of our organisation. Link for completing the application of membership: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member