Updated: Aug 18
Project Name: “From Waste to Wear: Building Skills for a Greener Wardrobe!” GREEN WARDROBE
Duration: From 1/07/2023 till 30/06/2024 (12 months)
Activity: Youth Exchange in Cyprus for 42 participants and 14 leaders + 2 stakeholders at Hylatio Tourist Village in Pissouri for environmental sustainable methods in green wardrobe. www.hylatio.com.cy
Activity dates: 18 to 27 of March 2024 (10 days, including travelling dates)
Applicant Organisation: Active Cypriot Programs and European Learning Into Acceptance, ACPELIA
Travelling food and accommodation all are paid from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member
7 youngsters (ages 16 to 25) and 2 leaders will be selected from our organisation.
Main Idea of the Project:
The main aim of a youth exchange project “From Waste to Wear: Building Skills for a Greener Wardrobe!” focused on sustainable fashion, repairing clothes, and learning practical skills is to empower young people to take action and create a more sustainable and equitable world, one stitch at a time.
The main aim of a youth exchange project focused on sustainable fashion, repairing clothes, and learning practical skills that can help reduce textile waste is to promote sustainable practices in the fashion industry and empower young people to make more responsible consumption choices. The project seeks to raise awareness about the environmental and social impacts of fast fashion and to promote a culture of repair, reuse, and upcycling rather than disposing of them and contributing to the growing problem of textile waste. Additionally, the project provides an opportunity for cross-cultural learning and collaboration, promoting creativity and self-expression through various textile-based practical skills such as sewing, knitting, and embroidery.
The youth exchange project aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge they need to become agents of positive change in their own communities, promoting sustainable fashion practices and inspiring others to do the same. By working collaboratively and learning from each other's experiences and perspectives, participants can develop a deeper understanding of the complex issues related to fashion sustainability and contribute to a more sustainable future.
The Project specific objectives are:
The specific objectives of this Erasmus+ youth exchange project on the topic of sustainable fashion, repairing clothes, and learning practical skills are aligned with the broader objectives of the Erasmus+ program, which aims to promote cross-cultural learning, personal development, and social inclusion among young people, environmental protectin and awareness.
· Raise awareness about the environmental and social impacts of fast fashion and promote a culture of repair, reuse, and upcycling in the fashion industry.
· Develop practical skills related to sustainable fashion practices, such as sewing, knitting, and embroidery, while promoting creativity and self-expression.
· Foster cross-cultural learning and exchange, promoting mutual understanding and intercultural awareness among participants.
· Encourage active citizenship and social engagement among participants, promoting their ability to become agents of positive change in their own communities.
· Promote social inclusion and equal opportunities for all participants, including those with fewer opportunities or from underrepresented groups.
· Foster a sense of community and connection among participants, promoting social and emotional well-being.
· Provide opportunities for personal and professional development, including skills related to leadership, teamwork, communication, and intercultural competence.
· Create a safe and supportive learning environment that encourages learning and personal growth.
· Make art exhibition/ fashion event done totally from reused clothes to promote sustainable fashion and encourage young people to use their creativity.
· Video/short movie on the topic of sustainable fashion and raising aarenss among young people, as well as crafting, handmade, reparing skills and visit of craftsman.
· Preparation for creating local campaigns to raise awareness of conscious consumtion as part of the dissemination process
· Provide a ground for young people to learn how to organize a fashion event of second-hand clothing (bazaar or swap).
Methods used: ice-breaking games, practical workshops, brainstorming and discussions, work in mixed groups, simulations and role plays, presentations, city challenge, reflection groups, creative morning, well-being sessions and a many more. The main aim is to focus on using Learning by doing methodology during the entire project duration.
Project activities will involve:
· Get to know each other: Activities that will support participants to get to know each other, explore the group and venue and make them comfortable to enjoy the rest of the project.
· City challenge: Get to know the surroundings, the locals, explore the culture and nature.
· Open workshop for public and locals: Erasmus+ programme opportunities for young people, Youthpass and 8 key competencies.
· World café: To introduce the topic to participants and go deeper into explooring
· Discussion/ debates: on the topics related to fashion, fast fashion, natural resources consumption, land filling etc.
· Workshops and Skill-Building Activities: Hands-on workshops can help participants learn new skills, such as knitting, embroidery, and upcycling.
· Local visit: Visit to the city and exploring second-hand shops, handmade shops, craftsman etc.
· Cultural Exchange Activities: Cultural exchange activities can help participants learn about different cultures and their customs, food, traditions, songs etc.
· Group Projects and Presentations: Group projects and presentations can help participants apply what they have learned to create solutions to real-world problems related to sustainable fashion. This can include creating sustainable fashion collections, organizing clothing swaps, and developing awareness campaigns to promote sustainable fashion.
· Fashion event: Bazaar, Clothes swap or similar event organized according t participants interest atm.
Aplication for Interest of Participation: https://forms.gle/LBMMSGbcdNGLrzjd6