Updated: Oct 25, 2022
Project Name: Training Course “Youth workers for refugees”
Activity: Training Course in Greece. The “Youth workers for refugees” project will involve 30 participants from Greece, Cyprus, Slovakia, Romania, Spain and Turkey in Athens, Greece from 15 to 22 of October 2022. The project is about the integration and inclusion of the refugees in the European reality.
PDA: 15 to 22 of October 2022
Accommodation: Oasis Hotel Apartments, Glyfada, Athens, https://oasishotelapartments.com/el/
Food: The venue of the training will serve the participants with 3- times-a-day meals and snacks and beverages for the coffee breaks.
Travelling food and accommodation all are paid from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member
5 Youthworkers /Teachers /Trainers will be selected from our organisation.
For the participants’ selection the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
• PARTICIPANTS REPRESENTS THE COUNTRY FROM WHERE SHE/HE COMES FROM;
• Youth Workers, Leaders, teachers, Educators people that are working with youth
• Motivated, active member of society;
• Willing to participate actively and share knowledge,
• Experience and positive energy;
• Experienced or interested in working with Erasmus+ program
Our project intends to put together participants from 6 countries who will work together to understand better the prejudices and stereotypes in their communities and learn how to overcome them. By having as participants youth workers with a different background we will create a safe learning environment and a unique opportunity for everyone to share ideas and learn from others experience to see which the best way is to fight exclusion. The presented performances will provide viewers the opportunities to learn how to be tolerant with others, how to behave in conflict situations in multiethnic/ multicultural communities.
1. to learn how to deal with people who need help and support in social level
2. to develop new ideas and good practices of approach and positive interaction with valneurable people
3. to learn how to guide these people to the process of social inclusion
4. to find ways of communication and to develop relations of mutual trust with the refugees
Especially for the participants who are members of refugees families we expect from them to share their experiences, not only how they have ended up moving from their countries but also to open their heart and speak honestly and without fear about their experience living in Europe. Finally we are eager to learn their real needs, what is missing according to their social and other needs, in few words what we must do to make them feel that their inclusion is real and holistic.
The project is about the integration and inclusion of the refugees in the European reality and has the following priorities:
· realistic social inclusion of the refugees and victims of war
· sharing equal opportunities in our societies
· incorporation through development of entrepreneurship
· destroy prejudices and stereotypes
· rejection of racist behaviors
Application for Interest of Participation: https://forms.gle/yR5PWHXzhAWrxFXZ9
If you want to be a candidate of our program please complete the application form and don't forget to complete the membership form if you are not a member of our organisation. Link for completing the application of membership: https://forms.gle/P9ZG4ifrAFDnmhcQ7