Updated: Mar 31
Project Name: Youth Exchange “Personal Power to the People” OWN YOUR POWER
Activity: Youth Exchange in Portugal for 3 participants (18 to 30 years old) and one leader from our organisation. During this Youth Exchange young people will be able to get better knowledge about their power and their self-improvement through this power. They will have a chance to exchange their experience while learning also how improve their self through their power.
Youth Exchange: 21th to 28th of April 2022
Target Groups: National groups will have 4 participants (1 team leader + 3 participants) and we highly encourage the participation of people with fewer opportunities, especially migrants, NEET (people not in education, employment or training) and youngsters experiencing economic or geographical barriers. We also ask for gender balance in the participants choosing.
Age limit: 18-30 for participants (no age limit for leader)
This project is focused on empowering young people to identify and develop their strong attributes, as well as be aware of their weak sides, encouraging them to be authentic and comfortable in their own skins. Throughout formal education, youngsters are rarely motivated to work on understanding their emotions and ways of functioning in the world. They are hardly encouraged to acknowledge their passion and reasons behind it, to cultivate their inner power, to connect with their vulnerabilities, and to fully embrace themselves. As a result, if they do not connect with themselves, they may strive to feel part of a group and to develop a sense of belonging.
Offer youngsters tools and a moment of presence to reflect on whom they want to be and what they want to accomplish, supporting their personal, socio-educational, and professional development, is one of the project’s purposes. They will be able to use these tools to improve their relationships (with themselves, with others, and with the community) and consequently thrive as humans, professionals, and European citizens. The expected outcomes include developing young people’s confidence to interact with others and participate in European life because they will strengthen the belief that their opinion and their attitudes matter.
3 youngsters (ages 18 - 30) +1 leader (no age limit) from our organization will take place to the program. Travelling food and accommodation all are payed from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member
- identify strong and weak sides and how they affect personal and professional life
- learn and improve youngsters’ intrapersonal life skills, as self-awareness, self-control, self-esteem, self-respect, and self-reflection.
- inspire and empower participants to acknowledge and express emotions
- foster young people to create authentic connections with themselves and consequently with others
- encourage young people to actively engage and participate in their communities
The project methodology will include non-formal education activities around the topics:
· -Authenticity: Let go who you thought you should be to be who you are. Positive disciplines, Education and Psychology help individuals to consider their actual behaviors, and compromise with the change of the not so functional ones to apply the learned lessons in life.
· -Comfort zone: Let go the projection of the perfect self is step one out of the comfort zone. Comfort zones will be approached for each participant, and they are usually different for each person. The group and individual dynamics will help participants to recognize the comfort zone and gather resources to enter the learning zone.
· -Perfectionism This project considers perfectionism as a trait present in people with low self-esteem and a great fear of critics. The objective is to think about this trait with different perspectives and invite participants to allow themselves to make mistakes.
· -Self-care: Number one topic on self-esteem. To cultivate and nourish self-esteem, everyone must understand the importance of daily care through micro-managing of emotions, anxiety, stress. Sleep well and enough, eat healthily, and enjoy personal and social environments are other daily habits that help individuals to build self-esteem. Practical techniques of Mindfulness will help participants to develop a sense of simple self-care that should be practiced every day.
· -Vulnerability: Fully embrace vulnerability as one of the most important singularities in human beings. It allows us to feel and connect with others. It is only possible to feel both confidence and fear through vulnerability.
Aplication for Interest of Participation: https://forms.gle/gQp54DftT8yxFjNw5
If you want to be a candidate of our program please complete the application form and don't forget to complete the membership form if you are not a member of our organisation. Link for completing the application of membership: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member