Updated: May 31, 2022
Project Name: Be Present
Activity: Training of Youth Workers for Coaching and Well Being
Training in Denmark: Szeged, Hungary
Project Dates: 10th of June - arrival day 17th of June – departure day
You can stay up to 1 day before and after the project dates. Your transportation costs will be reimbursed. However, you will have to cover your own the other expenses!
Accommodation: The training will take place in Szeged, Hungary. Szeged is located in the Southern Great-Plains region in Hungary, it takes 2 hours by train to get to from the Airport of Budapest. The accommodation for the participants will be in Hotel Centrum, which is located at a comfortable walking distance from the venue. Participants will be placed in gender based rooms with 3-4 separated beds and bathrooms.
Food: The venue of the training will be close to the hotel, to serve the participants with 3- times-a-day meals and snacks and beverages for the coffee breaks.
3 Youth workers and trainers (above 18 years old) from our organization will take place to the program. Travelling food and accommodation all are paid from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member
We are looking for participants with the following profile:
· wish to develop professionally and personally;
· over 18;
· willing to be an active participant for the entire duration of the course;
· motivated, open-minded, willing to cooperate and share from experience;
· has knowledge, experience and tools from previous work or projects about mindfulness;
· open to reflect on their experiences in youth work related to the topic;
· desire to explore new ideas and promote mental health awareness;
· have the motivation and capacity to disseminate the project result;
· speak (or open to try to speak) in English.
Aim of the project:
The aim of the project is to equip youth workers with skills, methods and techniques related to mindfulness, and enable them to use those in order to develop and improve young people’s mental health. The project offers a theoretical base and practical non-formal methods and techniques, often based on gamification, which enable youth workers to aid young people and encourage them to live in the present and focus on the given moment without judging it.
The objectives of the project are to:
• develop youth workers’ knowledge about why it is important and useful to live in the present;
• equip youth workers with non-formal and innovative methods related to mindfulness;
• let youth workers acquire knowledge on mental health and on ways to protect it;
• improve youth workers’ skills in connection with outdoor activities related to mindfulness
• let youth workers acquire knowledge on how to manage stress and anxiety and what the best techniques are for this purpose;
• develop mindfulness-based strategies in order to improve and support the wellbeing of young people.
• USB – Greece
· La Víbria Intercultural – Spain
· Idea For Life – Poland
· Erasmus Force One – Italy
· ACPELIA – Cyprus
· Walk Together – Bulgaria
· Mladinska Alijansa Tetovo – North Macedonia
· Young Folks – Latvia
· Copenhagen Youth Network – Denmark
Aplication for Interest of Participation: https://forms.gle/yHRuSordLH2uKXCKA
If you want to be a candidate of our program please complete the application form and don't forget to complete the membership form if you are not a member of our organisation. Link for completing the application of membership: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member