Project Name: FAIR TRADE and RESPONSIBLE CONSUMERS (FTRC)
Duration: From 1/03/2023 till 31/12/2023, 10 months
Activity: Youth Exchange (8 youngsters (ages 15 to 20) and 2 leaders from each organization). Through this program we want to promote understanding of our interdependence and the importance of working for a just future in which all people have access to their basic needs sustainably
Activity dates: 16 to 24 of September 2023 (including travelling days)
Accomodation: Hylatio Tourist Village, Pissouri, Limassol, Cyprus. www.hylatio.com.cy
Applicant Organisation: Active Cypriot Programs and European Learning Into Acceptance, ACPELIA
Travelling food and accommodation all are paid from the program (For an application you must be member of our organization, if you want to apply for membership you can go for the application to the link: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member
8 youngsters (ages 15 to 20) and 2 leaders will be selected from our organisation.
Main Idea of the Project :
Main Aims of the YE that we are organise are:
• learning new methods of Non Formal Global Education
• promotion understanding of our interdependence and the importance of working for a just future in which all people have access to their basic needs sustainably.
• promotion of understanding of social justice and human rights and the contribution they make to peace building and conflict resolution.
• promotion of understanding of identity and cultural diversity and its importance in developing intercultural understanding and personal and social capability.
• understanding of sustainable futures and the importance of developing skills of critical and creative thinking and ethical understanding.
• to awareness young people and youth trainers about enviromental life
• to develop the right of a healthly environment, a healthy life for all people in the world.
• to built new youth project about environment
• to encourage young people to engage in occupations that have to do with the environment, thus contributing to the problem of unemployment
• to increase entrepreneurship among the young people, with new ideas
• to encourage young people to respect the environment because in this way they respect also their neighbours
The skills developed in the training will equip students, young workers to be lifelong learners able to operate with confidence in a complex, information-rich, globalised world. The general capabilities particularly relevant to global education because they focus on ways of thinking, acting, behaving or learning to live with others are:
• Critical and creative thinking
• Ethical behaviour
• Personal and social competence
• Intercultural understanding.
Participants will be able to plan activities independently, collaborate, work in teams and communicate ideas. They will develop personal values and attributes such as honesty, resilience, empathy and respect for others.They will have the knowledge, skills, understanding and values to establish and maintain healthy, satisfying lives.Non formal Global Education promotes flexible learning, which empowers the youth to learn about the world, develop values around a positive sense of self, appreciation of cultural diversity, passion for social justice and human rights and building sustainable futures.
The training will use methods of simulation games, debates, brainstorming, working in small groups, role-playing to learn about different perspectives of a complex global issue: FAIR TRADE, HUMAN RIGHTS, SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, CULTURES. HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT.
Aplication for Interest of Participation: https://forms.gle/eR8JwUVzLxPxopQs7
If you want to be a candidate of our program please complete the application form and don't forget to complete the membership form if you are not a member of our organisation. Link for completing the application of membership: https://www.acpelia.org/be-a-member